Tuesday 10 March 2015

Week Twenty Two: Modelling a Dragon Caterpillar

      So most of this week was devoted to modelling the caterpillar. This filled up Monday to Thursday with creating limbs, a dragon face and getting rid of ngons but also making sure that the body was mostly constructed of polys. 






     
      I started off creating a box in the form of the caterpillar orthographic. I followed by using swift loop to mold the model to look more like the orthographic. To create the antennae I used a spline and extruded a cylinder. 


Basic build of face, trying to get the loops in the correct places.



Added a relax modifier to the face to make it smoother and more natural softer edge loops.

Quick facial rigging.





     When I'm producing a face, I like to colour code the topology to make sure I have the lines right so the face will articulate properly. This face was one of the most time consuming elements of this model. I also rigged the face at one point to check the distortion around the mouth. 

     Friday was the first day of unwrapping of the caterpillar.

I love unwrapping
I REALLY LOVE UNWRAPPING
      I guess next week blog post is going to be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment