Tuesday 17 March 2015

Week Twenty Three: The Week Where All I Do Is Unwrap A Caterpillar

    Now this blog post is going to be the most thrilling blog post. Perhaps the best post I have ever written, maybe the best you have ever read. All I can say is, it is going to be amazing!

    I spent most of the week, unwrapping a caterpillar! 

Sorry I got carried away
     It's surprising how long it can take a person to unwrap six arms and fourteen legs. Also I have no screenshots of the unwrapping process... which is bad, but I can explain my process. It's basically find the matching part and overlap the UVs to save texture space and get a more high quality texture. The larger the sections are, the more detail I can fit into it. 
The Caterpillar looked into the void, saw his texturing future, and now he's screaming for eternity. 
     I redid this layout five times, and this is the most efficient of the layouts, and even now I'm sure I can improve on this, due to the large spaces doted around the sheet.

     By Friday though, the unwrap and layout was done, after working four eleven hour days on it. And then Friday was spent finishing modelling the Shisha, modelled a lantern and modelled a hand for one of my team members as they were struggling with it... and I didn't want to model a tree stump. 



     Next week's plan is to finish modelling the assets, as well as to learn polypainting in Z Brush and projection mapping in 3DS Max so I can produce high quality texture sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment