Monday 23 February 2015

Week Twenty: Concepting Week

        The second week of the Off the Map project, and I'm still heavily into concepting, much like the rest of the group I'm in. Monday and Tuesday were devoted to producing concept for the hallway that Alice chases the rabbit down.
      The architecture in this hallway is based off the architecture of Christ Church, where Lewis Carroll where he lived and taught at. This was also the place where he met the Liddell family, whose daughter, Alice, inspired the story of Alice in Wonderland. 

The door designs were based off Victorian gothic designs and the art movement at the time, Arts and Crafts. The pillars were mainly based off Christ Church.

       Wednesday and Thursday involved me producing a more finalised concept of the hallway, relying on photobashing. I got some help from one of my tutors who informed me that I should add shadows to the piece to make it look more realistic. As well as playing around with layer effects to work of the lighting. 


      Friday involved me producing face designs for the caterpillar. Throughout this week and the previous week, I was doing doodles of the faces to try to come up with something interesting. I was struggling with the balance between the human and the caterpillar.




No comments:

Post a Comment